RE: Ultramonkey 3, ldirectord and real server monitoring

Subject: RE: Ultramonkey 3, ldirectord and real server monitoring
From: "James Miller" <jimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:36:07 -0500

Hi all,

I think I have an understanding of what's going on with ldirectord.  I have
quiescent=yes and from Horm's ldirectord page, "...If a real-servers fails
then the server is made quiescent and will be reinserted once it comes back
on line."  This mean the weight is set to 0 and no new jobs are sent to the
real-server -- but this is, IMHO, not the desired result because existing
requests are still being sent to a server which can't respond (because the
service is stopped).  So, how do I configure it so if a service (http) stops
responding it's removed instead of the weight set to 0 (and re-added when it
comes back)?  Should I be using MON instead?

Jim