Re: arptables problem on FC3 with 2.6.12-1.1376_FC3

Subject: Re: arptables problem on FC3 with 2.6.12-1.1376_FC3
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:33:40 +0530
hey Mr.horms,

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like your arptables_jf package is the wrong version,
> try using the one from Fedora rather than the one from UltraMonkey.Org.
>
> However, if you are able to use arp_ignore and arp_announce,
> then that should do just as well as using arptables, so
> you can forget about that problem

I will try with Fedora rpm

Please note that using .lo. above is wrong. The these options
> only act interfaces that send ARP packets. Not the interface
> where the VIP is. Assuming that you only have eth0, just
> replace .lo. with .eth0.

Okay I will take care of this.

Moreover how do I handle this

# Make sure these rules are deactivated when the VIP is obtained,
# And activated when it is released
# This does not need to be done on hosts that will not act as linux-directors
( cd /etc/ha.d/rc.d && ln -s arptables-noarp-addr_takeip local_takeip; )
( cd /etc/ha.d/rc.d && ln -s arptables-noarp-addr_giveip local_giveip;

Now I am not using arptables_jf package but I have installed
arptables-noarp-addr_giveip
rpm .Will there be any change in this scenario or it will work as per the
documentation.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover