Re: Newbie questions - Problem to Solve

Subject: Re: Newbie questions - Problem to Solve
From: Leandro Tavares Carneiro <leandro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:20:59 -0200
Em Seg, 2005-10-24 às 12:34 -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T escreveu:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Leandro Tavares Carneiro wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can, using another machine on this network, connect by telnet (the
> > test service) to each realserver trough VIP using VS_NAT. but it only
> > works on the same network
>
> does "same network" mean "one-network"? Have you read about
> one-network LVS-NAT? If not, you may not have LVS-NAT
> working (or working properly).

Yes, there's only one network. I have read about the one network LVS-NAT
and i have configured the routes on realservers like ones on HOWTO, so
the realservers only get trough by the director, acting as a gateway. It
worked when i connect to the services on *this* network, but i want to
get the servers on another network.
Here we have a lot of routers and a lot of different networks and i need
a method who works to all ( or almost all ) my clients.

> > I need to set a little cluster to serve XDMCP ( I read the HOWTO, i know
> > about the limitations ), but my clients are on different networks, as we
> > can see below:
> >

> > client net 1        client net 2    client net 3    ...     client net N
> >     |               |               |                       |
> >     |               |               |                       |
> >     --------------------------------------------------------
> >     |       L A R G E  L O C A L  A R E A                   |
> >     |       N E T W O R K - " C L O U D "                   |
> >     --------------------------------------------------------
> >                     -----------------
> >                     | CLUSER ROUTER |
> >                     -----------------
> >                     -----------------
> >                     | DIRECTOR      |
> >                     -----------------
> >     REALSERVER 1    REALSERVER 2    ...     REALSERVER n
> >

> > Sorry about the drawing ;-)
>
> came through fine.

Thanks

--
Leandro Tavares Carneiro
Petrobras TI/TI-E&P/STEP Suporte Tecnico de E&P