Re: AOL persistence

Subject: Re: AOL persistence
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Jeff Moyer wrote:

This works great and I see AOL user sessions change source IP's (in
the same /24) and stay on the same server in the logs. I have been
looking at a user who's session not only switches between a group of
AOL proxies but will switch to a road runner IP in a completely
different class A address range.

I have no personal experience of this, but I expect it's going to happen now and then.

Has anybody experienced this? Is it common? It seems like cookie based
persistence would be the only way to solve this?

definitely one way. There may be others. I'm impressed that you're prepared to handle it rather than requiring the
user to login again.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!