AOL persistence

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AOL persistence
From: Jeff Moyer <jeffrmoyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:34:58 -0700
Hello,

I am running LVS in front of an ecom site that switches between SSL and HTTP.

I have configured a /24 persistence mask

TCP  X.X.X.X:0 rr persistent 900 mask 255.255.255.0

This works great and I see AOL user sessions change source IP's (in
the same /24) and stay on the same server in the logs. I have been
looking at a user who's session not only switches between a group of
AOL proxies but will switch to a road runner IP in a completely
different class A address range.

Has anybody experienced this? Is it common? It seems like cookie based
persistence would be the only way to solve this?

Thanks, Jeff.