Re: realservers as LVS clients in LVS-DR

Subject: Re: realservers as LVS clients in LVS-DR
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:16:27 +0900
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 10:26:45AM -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> It would be useful in multitier LVSs if the first layer of
> servers (say the httpd running on the realserver) could then
> connect to the next layer (say the database) through the
> director, which is balancing both layers. Currently
> an LVS-DR realserver can't be a client of the LVS.
> Ludo has proposed a scheme to allow this. If anyone is
> interested in trying it, and getting it to work if it
> doesn't already, then here's the scheme.
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html#realserver_as_client_in_LVS-DR

Does it work? I played around with some similar ideas without any luck.

In anwer to the question there, "If there was a way to force the kernel
to send the request from the real servers RIP, this may actually work.
Any ideas?", shouldn't the first ip route rule do that? If not,
perhaps ip rule needs to be prodded.

--
Horms