Re: Hardware requirements for an LVS director

Subject: Re: Hardware requirements for an LVS director
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:14:11 -0700
I'm looking at this machine, mainly because it's a decent price, and
it's VERY shallow (10") which means I can put them back to back in a
single 1u space comfortably with plenty of space between them (14" are
too close for comfort)

Would these cards suffice? They're the only options from this vendor,
I could always find others; but would one of these machines be able to
easily sustain millions of requests per day? (I'd have a second
identical one for failover)

CPU: INTEL CELERON 2.6GHZ 400FSB 128K S478 CPU
MEMORY: 512MB PC2100 NON ECC UNBUFFERED DDR
HARD DISK 1: IDE 40GB 7200 RPM ATA100
PCI Card 1: INTEL PRO/1000 MT GIGABIT DESKTOP COPPER.
PCI Card 2: INTEL PRO/1000 MT GIGABIT DESKTOP COPPER.
CHIPSET:  Intel 82845GV Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH).
CASE:  1U 10in Dual-PCI Slots mini-ITX Rackmount.

Thanks. Just making sure I'm crossing my T's and dotting my I's here. :)

- mike