Re: Dead connections on director

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dead connections on director
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:37:10 +0000 (UTC)
Kerscaven Marc <mkerscaven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  thanks for your answer.
>
>  When I stop 1 real server : I switch off this real server.
>
>  30 minutes later I've again some active connections to this real server :
>
>  TCP  vip_squid:www wlc
>  -> realsquid17:www                   Route   100    20034      69179
>  -> realsquid16:www                  Route   0      15499      24624

That does sound like a problem. I know that there a lot of connections,
but some analysis of ipvsadm -Lcn might shed some light on the problem.

>  I've a kernel 2.6.14.2 for real servers, I will test it on the director.

An excellent idea. 2.6.8 is a bit old, and there have been some LVS
fixes lately, at least one relating to connection expiry. I'm not
exactly sure if it was post 2.6.8 or not, but testing the latest
at least allows us to see if the problem is still present.

--
Horms