Re: Dead connections on director

Subject: Re: Dead connections on director
From: Kerscaven Marc <mkerscaven@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:45:11 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

  since I've upgraded to kernel 2.6.14.2 for the director, I've noticed that
input and output traffic is not the same like in the 2.6.8.

  Yo can see the difference hear :
  http://www.freazer.com/perso/mkerscaven/lvs/difference.png
  I've upgraded the 12/17.

  Do you know if it't a bug of new kernels ?

  Regards.

  Marc

Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
  Kerscaven Marc wrote:
> Hello
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> When I stop 1 real server : I switch off this real server.
>
> 30 minutes later I've again some active connections to this real server :
>
> TCP vip_squid:www wlc
> -> realsquid17:www Route 100 20034 69179
> -> realsquid16:www Route 0 15499 24624

That does sound like a problem. I know that there a lot of connections,
but some analysis of ipvsadm -Lcn might shed some light on the problem.

> I've a kernel 2.6.14.2 for real servers, I will test it on the director.

An excellent idea. 2.6.8 is a bit old, and there have been some LVS
fixes lately, at least one relating to connection expiry. I'm not
exactly sure if it was post 2.6.8 or not, but testing the latest
at least allows us to see if the problem is still present.

--
Horms

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version
beta.