Re: question on faq 4.18

Subject: Re: question on faq 4.18
From: Judd Bourgeois <simishag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:26:25 -0800
On 1/20/06, Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> In the case of LVS-NAT, the ARP problem simply doesn't exist
> >
> > for his case it does.
>
> OK, so the same rules apply as for LVS-DR - you'll need to suppress ARP
> announcements/replies from the dummy VIP interfaces on RS1/RS2, or
> you'll stop load balancing properly.

I'm not seeing the ARP problem.  The dummy interfaces are all listed as
NOARP in ifconfig and I haven't tweaked any of the arp settings in /proc, so
I think this works ok.  I'm going to do some more testing and sniffing and
make sure this is working as expected but so far so good.

If anyone's interested, the director is 2.6.12 and the real servers are
2.6.11.

-J