Re: question on faq 4.18

Subject: Re: question on faq 4.18
From: Judd Bourgeois <simishag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:59:51 -0800
On 1/20/06, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had LVS's working for quite a while without handling the
> arp problem. I was just lucky that the router got the arp
> reply from the director all the time.

HEH.. perhaps I should note that the LVS-NAT director is also the
router/firewall.  The VIP is on the inside interface, so it's technically on
the same segment as the the RIPs, but I'm guessing that since the director
handles it locally, it could just as well be on the outside interface which
would make this a classic 2 network NAT setup.  Still, the dummy VIP trick
does solve the main problem I have, which is allowing servers to proxy to
themselves.

Thanks for all the help.

-J