Request/Receive negotiation

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Request/Receive negotiation
From: "Mark" <msalists@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:30:01 -0800
Hi,

I have a bunch of http services that are pooled and that use the
request/receive feature in order to determine whether a resource is
active or not.

I would like to have an html file that I modify on each resource in order to
take the resource off the pool (rather than using
ipvsadm on the director)

The file looks like this if it's active:
pool ok

And like this if it's inactive:
maintenance

So I am trying this in the configuration:
request="pooling_status.html"
receive="pool ok"

This does not work, the file is set to "pool ok" but the resource is not added
to the pool
However, if I change 'receive="pool ok"' to 'receive="html"', it does get
picked up.

I tried to put everything on one line, but it didn't fix my problem either. How
exactly is this the request/receive check evaluating
the response?

Thanks,

MARK