Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN

Subject: Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:21:40 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Matt Chan wrote:

OK, I added another NIC so the director traffic and VIP traffic can be
separated...

good for security.

When I restart keepalived, the backupdirector always transitions to the
MASTER state, but the director1 is also in the MASTER state. It did once
hold an election, but the election never finalized, and I never got it
again. The results are from /var/log/syslog.

It's been a while since I set this up. Sounds like the two directors are not talking to each other. Have you set up the communications between them (it used to be udp)?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!