Re: ldirectord stops almost immediately

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord stops almost immediately
From: Peter Nash <peter.nash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:22:53 +0000
Hi Leon

I've been having similar problems this week since replacing our LVS
directors with new boxes running RedHat Enterprise WS 4 and Ultramonkey 3.
  The previous boxes were running RedHat 8.0 and Ultramonkey 2 for about 3
years without any problems.  The configuration is LVS-NAT and hasn't
changed recently but this problem started as soon as we installed the new
directors.

Like you I'd tracked the problem down to ldirectord silently stopping at
the point a "real server" transitioned on/off.  At the moment I think
ldirectord can die when either transitioning a service on or off but I'm
still checking that.

I'm getting a similar error to you when I run ldirectord with the -d
option (see below).  When it's running under the control of Heartbeat it
just silently dies:

DEBUG2: Disabled server=172.31.11.34
DEBUG3: Deactivated service 172.31.11.34:80: Died at /usr/sbin/ldirectord
line 2000.
Alarm clock

I'm not sure the "Died at line 2000" message is related as that was
covered in some recent posts (it's in the check_connect routine) and I
haven't applied the patch to change the message ( as far as I can see
that's all the patch does ).

The RPM's I'm using are all from the Ultramonkey 3 download page, either
compiled from source for RedHat 4 or (where available) installed from the
RedHat distribution.

In my case I'm not able to reproduce this problem every time.

I'm sorry I don't have much to add at the moment - I'll let you know if I
find out anything more.

Regards,

Peter.

___________________________________
Peter Nash
Changework Technologies Ltd
Phone + 44 (0)1491 410681
Fax   + 44 (0)1491 410682
peter.nash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.changeworks.co.uk

> ----- Message from "Leon Keijser" <errtu@xxxxxxx> on Wed, 8 Feb 2006
> 11:25:56 +0100 (MET) -----

> lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ldirectord stops almost immediately
>
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago i posted a message saying that ldirectord suddenly
stops. I
> have located where the problem occurs, but i hava no idea how to solve
this.