spin_lock kernel panic

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: spin_lock kernel panic
From: "Sexton, Kyle" <ksexton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:05:31 -0600
All,

I'm running into an issue on a system running CentOS 4.2 with kernel
2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.  I have read several threads on this and found the
patch attached to this message.  I applied this patch to the kernel
source RPM but we are still getting the same kernel panic:

Kernel panic - not syncing: fs/block_dev.c:396:
spin_lock(fs/block_dev.c:c0352b00) already locked by fs/block_dev.c/287

Thread that deals with the same issue:

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-07/msg00124.ht
ml

I also read in one of the threads that disabling the "tcp defense"
setting in procfs might also fix this issue.  I looked and couldn't find
for sure what to disable.  Would disabling this fix the spin lock issue?
What are the ramifications of changing this setting?

Has anyone else had any luck with custom kernel RPMs for CentOS to get
this patch applied?  One other thing I noticed is that CentOS includes a
patch which modifies the same file, linux-2.6.12-ipvs-conn-flush.patch.
Does anyone know if that patch conflicts with the one I am trying to
apply?  Should I remove it and only use the one attached?

Thanks,
Kyle Sexton