Directors with firewalls...

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Directors with firewalls...
From: "Dan Brown" <danb@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:59:12 -0600
I have a test setup with a couple of servers using ultramonkey in a
streamlined load balancing, high availability setup using only two servers.
There is currently no firewall between these servers and the network I am on
so I setup an iptables firewall on the servers themselves.

It seems however that I can still see all open ports on these servers
including ones which obviously shouldn't be open.

Where do LVS virtual services lie in the scope of accepting packets, and
routing them to the virtual services?

---
Dan Brown
danb@xxxxxx