Re: Directors with firewalls...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Directors with firewalls...
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:55:17 -0800
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 02:59:12PM -0600, Dan Brown wrote:

>It seems however that I can still see all open ports on these servers
>including ones which obviously shouldn't be open.
>Where do LVS virtual services lie in the scope of accepting packets, and
>routing them to the virtual services?

It accepts packets if it the destination IP is correct.
It virtualizes packets if the destination port is correct.
After that, it applies it to local ports.

So you're seeing ports that are open on the load balancer itself, not
the real servers.
--
Regards...              Todd
we're off on the usual strange tangents.  next will be whether