Re: Problem using fwmark-services

To: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem using fwmark-services
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:08:20 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Good morning, Horms,
>
> I got access to Matthias' box tonight and we did run some onsite tests
> while I tried to debug this weird behaviour.
>
> > lvs2:~# ipvsadm -Lcn
> > IPVS connection entries
> > pro expire state       source             virtual            destination

        15min TCP for connection:

> > TCP 14:55  ESTABLISHED 10.0.1.62:3558     10.0.1.232:80      10.0.1.30:80

        One hour for template (-p 3600):

> > IP  59:53  ERR!        10.0.1.62:0        0.0.0.4:0          10.0.1.30:0

        The fwmark-based templates have vaddr set to the fwmark value,
that is why we see 0.0.0.4:0, it is for "IP" (not checked, we can
forward any protocol by using this template) and state is "ERR!"
because we don't maintain state for templates. May be 2.6 is different,
it tries to display per-protocol state and the templates don't
have protocol.

> 10.0.1.232/32 --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 4

> ipvsadm -A -f 4 -s wrr -p 3600

> Upon first packet entry which comes from the 10.0.1.70 source we get
> this entry:
>
> IPVS connection entries
> pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
> IP  59:59  ERR!        10.0.1.70:0        0.0.0.4:0          10.0.1.30:0
>
> It kind of works, however the packet got mundged. It seems to only
> happen if fwmark is involved. It's like the packet is read backwards or
> we're missing some BE/LE conversion. As you can see the SIP and RIP are
> correctly displayed. The corresponding debug entries are:

        Any problem with traffic or just the template looks ugly?

> Funny enough, the connection timers of the connections belonging to a
> template go crazy and drop from 15min (EST) to 3secs when going to
> inactive state; no log entry.

        This needs to be investigated, is there a 3-second timeout?

> I'll talk to/phone Matthias tomorrow (EU time) personally to figure out
> some more about his proper network setup. Something is fishy, also
> regarding the fact that he very same setup worked ok with 2.4 kernel
> according to him. Ohh, here is the machine information:

        Hm, what is not working? Only the template listing?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>