High latency

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: High latency
Cc: keepalived-devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Nicklas Bondesson" <nicklas.bondesson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:48:13 +0100
I've been running LVS/keepalived (lb_kind NAT) on Linux 2.4.x for some
months now, and it works real good except one thing - I'm getting high
latency.

I assume this is due to the somewhat "huge" amount of small packets beeing
transferred back and forth to setup the HTTP connection?

I tried switching to Direct Route with Julian's hidden (arp extension) patch
on the realservers and the forward_shared patch on the directors since they
act as default GW for the realserver as well.

The difference was almost to nothing, still having high latency on HTTP
connections.

Suggestions are very welcomed.

- Nick