Re: High latency

Subject: Re: High latency
Cc: keepalived-devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:52:31 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Nicklas Bondesson wrote:

I've been running LVS/keepalived (lb_kind NAT) on Linux 2.4.x for some
months now, and it works real good except one thing - I'm getting high
latency.

I assume this is due to the somewhat "huge" amount of small packets beeing
transferred back and forth to setup the HTTP connection?

without numbers for "high" and "huge" it's hard to make any comment here. What is the latency for the same traffic flow to a bare realserver (ie without the LVS director).

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!