Ultramonkey DR on Centos (RHEL4)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ultramonkey DR on Centos (RHEL4)
From: Brent Jensen <brent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:56:12 -0700
This may have been answered somewhere; however, I haven't yet found the right information (most examples I've seen are on older kernels). I'm trying to load balance an HA MySQL cluster using heartbeat (ultramonkey) on Centos 4.3 using the Direct Routing method. Ldirector is configured and working, but the routing is not. I'm played around w/ /etc/sysctl.conf, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing (I'm somewhat a neophyte, but have been running a NAT configuration for a few years now).

I have the following in my sysctl.conf file:

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2

What am I missing? Does anyone have a working configuration for direct routing on Centos (2.6.9-34.EL kernel).

Connections to don't work to the real servers at follows; however, it works to the fallback server (localhost):

 -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  10.0.1.21:3306 wrr
  -> 10.0.1.13:3306               Route   1      0          0

Thanks!