Any solution for storage of servers' data failover ?

To: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Any solution for storage of servers' data failover ?
From: Neamtu Dan <dlxneamtu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 02:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

  I have a problem with seting up my LVS system and after a week of strugle I
have decided de ask for some piece of advice from you guys.
  I have a test system made up by a director, 3 servers running ftp and http
and 2 storage computers from where the servers take their data. If I were to
stick to one storage computer there would be no problem, but I want redundacy.
So I've set up  a working heartbeat on both the storage computers, but when the
primary fails the servers can no longer use the data unless the servers umount
and mount again on the Virtual IP address the heartbeat uses(I tryed mounting
with nfs and samba so far). As I understand these 2 mounting methods will not
work in case of failover because of different disk geometry.
  Do you  know what I should do for nfs or samba to work in case of failover
(at least for read only, if read-write on the storage is not possible), or do
you know any other solution?  Do you think it is possible to be done with
enbd+nfs or samba,  or with drbd+nfs or samba? Any suggestion would help.
  Thanks, Dan

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.