LVS for VoIP

To: "LVS HELP" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS for VoIP
From: "Asif Ali" <muzikrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:44:16 +0500
Hi
I am new to LVS and have few queries, aint sure whether makes sense or not.
First I want to deploy LVS for VoIP(H.323). I want to know, for LVS
whether I'd be using Layer-4 or layer-7 switching?
In either cases does LVS provide connection persistence for the life of a
session i.e. "call control" messages of a call from a client gets routed to
the same server(in the cluster) to which it sent "Call Setup"
message(previously) or would it go randomly to any server in cluster?

Secondly the persistence, would it be as long as its the life of a session
or would it be permanent? i.e. the setup fro the next call should get routed
to other server, not the one it sent before.

I just want to deploy redundant H323 gatekeepers and I want to make sure
that calls coming from clients should get routed in a load balanced manner
and the session of a call does not get disturbed.
Thirdly I have a query regarding TCP. I want to know the relationship
between a layer-7 session and a layer-4 session. I mean for an instance of
layer-7 session are there more than one layer-4 sessions(TCP/UDP)?
I am confused about the layers and persistence issues, anybody having any
idea please comment.

Regards
Muhammad Asif

--