Re: DR to solaris 8 box

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DR to solaris 8 box
From: Mark de Vries <markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:53:05 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 8 May 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Mark de Vries wrote:
>
> > And the whole reason we wanted to use dr in this first, or actually
> > second, case was because half way through the first attempt at configuring
> > it as NAT I suddenly realized that wouldn't work because in this case the
> > realserver has an interface in the same network as the VIP is in (so there
> > is a direct route to the client and packets won't get de-natted)... So
> > short of someone pointing me to a source-based-routing-HOWTO-on-solaris
> > it's just not gonna work out...
>
> The standard one-network NAT setup doesn't work for you?
> It's just a matter of turning off icmp redirects
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network

It prolly would, but this setup has more then one network, and for
various reasons I can't (and wouldn't want to) set the def gw to the
director. It's a complex setup and changing routing to fix this would
break (or at least complicate beyond acceptable levels) other things..

Regards,
Mark.

> Joe
>
> --
> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!

Regards,
Mark