Question about lvs architecture.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about lvs architecture.
From: "Dan Baughman" <dan.baughman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:19:55 -0600
Internally, ldirectord must make decisions about where to send what
connection request, right?  I want to implement a hash table to keep track
of where previous connections from an ip went, and send them to the same
server.

Previously I was advised to use the CF Scheduler, can anyone elaborate
further on that before I start to look at the code?   I need this to
maintain that a user will have a persistent session with one user.

Any sort of timeout is optional.  Once an ip gets a server it can always get
that same server.  I had previously thougth of giving the session a timeout,
but now I'm leaning towards just having it maintain the hash forever, and
I'll just restart the director deamon every night at  2 am (or never).

Any pointers?