Linux-ha Heartbeat startup problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux-ha Heartbeat startup problem
From: Rafael Vallejo <rvallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:30:37 -0500
Hello list

I have been dealing with this from a week ago and have no idea of what is happening.

I'm experimenting with linux-ha, for that purpose I have 2 Pentium 3 machines with Centos 4.2, and heartbeat 2.0.4-1 installed from rpms downloaded from Ultramonkey, http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/, those machines will be runing NFS services 10.0.10.3 is the Active and 10.0.10.4 is the pasive, I have just one Ehternet card on each and a NULL Modem cable conecting them.

When I try to start heartbeat I got the following

[root@srv3 ha.d]#  service heartbeat start
logd is already running
Starting High-Availability services:
2006/05/12_12:18:08 INFO: IPaddr Resource is stopped
                                                          [FAILED]

*This is the /etc/ha.d/ha.cf file*

serial /dev/ttyS0
baud 19200
logfacility     daemon
keepalive 1
deadtime 10
warntime 5
initdead 120 # depend on your hardware
udpport 694
ping 10.0.10.4
bcast eth0
auto_failback off
node    srv3
node    srv4
respawn hacluster /usr/lib64/heartbeat/ipfail
use_logd yes

*This is the **/etc/ha.d/**haresources file*

srv3.novadevices.local 10.0.10.3 nfs

*And finally this is the /etc/ha.d/authfile*

auth 2
2 crc

Any ideas?

--