hosts detailed in hosts file not resolved

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: hosts detailed in hosts file not resolved
From: Rafael Vallejo <rvallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:48:20 -0500
Hello list,

I have a problem with name resolution that I need in order to put working heartbeat, check the content of these files

host.conf

order hosts,bind

hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
172.20.20.2     srv2
172.20.20.254   nas1.mydomain.local      nas1    nas.mydomain.local
172.20.20.250   nas2.mydomain.local     nas2

Check the output for the host command

[root@nas root]# host nas2

What can be wrong? I can not put a DNS server on that network so my only option is the hosts file, I have Centos 4.2 and RedHat EL3 on those machines.

Any help will be apreciated