Re: LVS Deployment

Subject: Re: LVS Deployment
From: John Oliver <joliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:00:47 -0700
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:02:38PM +0500, Asif Ali wrote:
> Hi All
> Its like I want to deploy LVS for load balancing and high availability of my
> VoIP services(H.323). Now I am confused where to start from as there is hell
> lotta stuff out there. I mean I am looking for a single document or at least
> a single place to start from but there is linuxvirtualserver docs,
> Ultramonkety, HA etc etc ...I don knwo where to start from , some asks for
> kernel recompilation whereas ultramonkey does not mention to recompile. I
> would really appreciate if someone could tell me where should I start from
> as I am quite confused at the moment.

There is no single document :-(  The reason some mention recompiles and
some don't is because some of this documentation is several years old,
and assumes a 2.2.X or 2.4.X kernel.  If you have 2.6.something, you
probably already have IPVS in the kernel.

All you can do is start reading.  Get some old machines to build a
sandbox network and go through the mini-HOWTO.  You just start to pick
stuff up.