Re: The question about distributed file system

Subject: Re: The question about distributed file system
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:33:46 -0700
IMHO storing data in blobs is a horrible idea.

If you are coding an application, I'd suggest checking out MogileFS.
If this is for general purpose web hosting, where you need a normal
POSIX filesystem to access, then that won't do. But for applications,
it seems like a great idea (and from what small amount I read about
the Google FS, it actually has a couple of the same traits)

As far as session management, a central session manager such as
msession would work, or just roll your own off a database - it's
simple in PHP (that is what I do) - then use DB
failover/replication/etc. software to handle the DB
clustering/failover.