Re: How can I flush the connection table?

Subject: Re: How can I flush the connection table?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:30:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Ken Brownfield wrote:

I also have had new connections continue to trickle in to a zero-weight real server in the absence of persistence, so I think there's also a general issue where a zero weight isn't literally zero.

It's hard to imagine how the code is going to fail here. Admittedly no-one has sat and repeatedly watch persistent sessions to time out and see what the code does happens. There are lots of ways clients or clients coming through proxies can keep a peristent session from timing out, but no-one has tested whether this is what keeps the session open either.

Until someone does the tests, we don't know why the sessions persist for so long.

I like how ebay keeps your session valid - I assume it's done with cookies. I can come back after a couple of days and my session is still current.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!