Re: arptables_jf

Subject: Re: arptables_jf
From: Paolo Perrucci <p.perrucci@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:00:23 +0200
It seems rhel4 kernel have the arp flags:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_8381.shtm

Paolo

Brent Jensen ha scritto:
When and where would one use the arptables_jf package--if any--under lvs w/ ldirector? I have two configurations running Centos 4 (rhel4): (1) load-balancing mysql using LVS DR (inside the firewall) and (2) LVS NAT for http load balancing (web servers are unix). The LVS NAT directors also acts as the firewall.

According to Ultramonkey, it states "The Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel does not currently have the arp_ignore and arp_announce flags." And therefore, they use arptables_jf. I think this is no longer true for RHEL4; therefore, is this package required?

Just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks.