Re: arptables_jf

Subject: Re: arptables_jf
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:15:30 +0900 (JST)
In article <44931BE7.4010108@xxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> Brent Jensen ha scritto:
>> When and where would one use the arptables_jf package--if any--under
>> lvs w/ ldirector? I have two configurations running Centos 4 (rhel4):
>> (1) load-balancing mysql using LVS DR (inside the firewall) and (2)
>> LVS NAT for http load balancing (web servers are unix). The LVS NAT
>> directors also acts as the firewall.
>>
>> According to Ultramonkey, it states "The Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>> kernel does not currently have the arp_ignore and arp_announce flags."
>> And therefore, they use arptables_jf. I think this is no longer true
>> for RHEL4; therefore, is this package required?
>>
>> Just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks.
> It seems rhel4 kernel have the arp flags:
>
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_8381.shtm
>
> Paolo

Yes, that is my understanding too, I'm pretty sure that you can use the
arp_ignore+arp_announce approach on Centos 4, which I personally think
is simpler and more robust than the arptables approach. Arptables is
more flexible, but its unlikely that you need that flexibility.

--
Horms
H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/          W: http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/