A running configuration for a Squid LVS

Subject: A running configuration for a Squid LVS
From: "Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg)" <ignacio.vidal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:05:40 -0300
Good evening:
I decided to write to this list in the hope that somebody could help me
determine where are my (of course several) mistakes.

For a couple of weeks I've been trying to have working a 2 node LVS-DR
"cluster" under a HA schema (ie. "active/active" configuration).
This cluster serves a Squid web cache "resource" (that works fine on
each node).

I've used heartbeat + ldirectord software (2.0.5 versions) under Fedora
Core 4, and didn't touch the provided kernel (it's as installed), and
besides that I tryed to imitate the configuration steps as stated in
http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/sl-ha-lb-eg.html

What I can see is that failover messages are interchanged between 2
nodes (for example when I stop heartbeat in one node).
After that with ipvsadm I can see that the node supposed to be down has
weight=0 (it's ok).
But when I try to use Squid through the VIP, I cannot access any site in
the web (connections are dropped?).
And once I resume heartbeat in the "failed" node, everything works fine
again.

Does anyone else has configured an lvs for use with Squid?
Can you share it?

Perhaps I'm not using the right software for this... can you suggest a
better software "combo"? (I mean other than ldirectord)

TIA

Best regards

Ignacio