RE: A running configuration for a Squid LVS

Subject: RE: A running configuration for a Squid LVS
From: "Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg)" <ignacio.vidal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:34:24 -0300
Hello Francisco:
Squid is not supposed to work in transparent mode (i.e. each browser
sould have configured the VIP assigned to the proxy).
And yes: the port is not really important (we use 8080).

Just talking about "the arp issue": do you use any arp filter like
arptables (arptables_jf).
Are there additional warnings that should be considered that (for any
reason) are not in the howto's?

I think that, perhaps, my problem has to do with this topic (ARP).
So I tryed:
* net.ipv4.conf.(eth*).arp_ignore = 1
* net.ipv4.conf.(eth*).arp_announce = 2
(and then sysctl -p)

I didn't used arptables (like said at UltraMonkey's site), and then
configured /etc/ha.d/ha.cf and /etc/ha.d/haresources (and authkeys too).
After starting heartbeat, you can see:

# ipvsadm -L
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  prx:webcache dh persistent 300
  -> prx01:webcache          Local   100    0          0
  -> prx02:webcache          Route   100    0          0
#

You can ping to "prx's" IP address, and no mac address entry is
displayed issuing an "arp -a" for host "prx", but:
- you can see prx01's mac address issuing "arp -a" at prx02, and
- you can see prx02's mac address issuing "arp -a" at prx01.

(!) I think it's fine (isn't it?).

After that, I can see connections (active or inact) only to one of the
nodes (mostly prx02) and when you make prx02 "fail", connections are not
established to prx01  (and this is my problem...)

Thanks again

Regards

Ignacio