Brief Outages...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Brief Outages...
From: John Gray <gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:33:59 -0400
After our lvs boxes has been running for a few days, we see brief
outages (like 30-45 seconds) several times a day.  It took quite a few
of these to final get good captures on the whole deal, but I finally got
'em.  This only seems to effect http.  I can ssh into things just fine,
read and send email, etc.  I just can't pull up any websites.

Here's the setup.  The lvs box is a debian sarge box with a 2.4.27
kernel. ipvsadm v1.21, ultramonkey 3-1um.1  Everything is from the
debian pkgs.

The lvs box has two interfaces.  The real servers are separate boxes.

Here what I see in the captures:  The outside interface sees the SYN
from the client.  That's it.  Nothing else.  Nada. The inside interface
see the SYN come from the client, and SYN-ACK coming from the webserver.
 It appears as though the lvs dropped the SYN-ACK.

If I reboot the lvs box, We don't see it for a few days.

This is killing me.

Ideas?

Thanks,
John

--
John Gray                           gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475