Re: Brief Outages...

Subject: Re: Brief Outages...
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:04:31 +0100
Hi

On 28/06/2006 23:33, John Gray wrote:
<snip>
Here's the setup.  The lvs box is a debian sarge box with a 2.4.27
kernel. ipvsadm v1.21, ultramonkey 3-1um.1  Everything is from the
debian pkgs.
<snip>
This is killing me.

You might be seeing something related to this, especially if you're doing stuff with FTP and have other services on your LVS using persistence:

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-09/thrd4.html#00017

The patches for this went into 2.4.32:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/ChangeLog-2.4.32

So you might need to bring your kernel up a few versions, if at all possible.

Of course, you may not be using the FTP helper at all, in which case we might need more info. Is your kernel compiled to provide LVS debug support? You have if you have the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level sysctl; if not you'll need to recompile anyway to switch it on. But we'll cross that as and when necessary :)

Graeme