active/active question....

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: active/active question....
From: "Kristoffer Egefelt" <dr.fersken@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:35:18 +0200
Hello,

I hope you can clarify a few things regarding lvs:

I've searched for a working active/active lvs setup, but I can't find any...

As I understand it:
saru (which look so nice;) is not production ready and not 2.6 compatible
keepalived project don't support active/active, neither does ultramonkey..

So the only way to be director redundant in a production environment is
active/standby.
Then heartbeat or vrrp is used for the VIP/mac address mangling in the event
of director failover.

As I understand it this is no problem for vrrp,
but heartbeat don't have the necessarry features builtin to handle the
problems switches and routers arp caches pose, which mean that if
ultramonkey is preffered, carp or vrrp should be implemented as well...

Can somone confirm if the above is the correct current director redundancy
options?

Thanks.

/Kristoffer