Re: MTU problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MTU problem
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:57:34 +0100
Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hello Per,
>
>> Yeah, it's been a while - I've been busy getting this LVS setup ready
>> for prime time.
>
> Good to hear, although I hope this was not your only occupation the
> last couple of months :).

Just about ... especially when my otherwise very capable provider (you
know who) made some changes less than a week before we were scheduled
to go live.  That got sorted in the end, but it cost me one or two
sleepless nights.

> I'm probably not able to look at this until Friday night because I'm
> about to leave for vacation and thus need to coordinate a few things
> in my projects.

Fair enough - I think I'm getting close anyway.  Just having to gather
my thoughts and attempt to explain them to someone else usually
helps :-)

>> See http://jessen.ch/files/route-show-cache  (this is from real
>> server 4).
>
> Hmmm, is this with your hotfix applied?

Nope, that was before.

>> LVS setup -
>>
>> one director at 88.198.198.123:25 with 4 real servers via
>> masquerading over IPIP tunnels.  The tunnels are using 10.0.1.x.
>
> Any you've mentioned that PMTU is working correctly between client and
> server?

I believe it does, yes.  Where it fails is when it gets to the tunnels,
which are only used for SMTP traffic.

Thanks for your time Roberto, and enjoy your vacation!

/Per Jessen, Zürich