LVS dns cluster

Subject: LVS dns cluster
From: "Simon Pearce" <sp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:14:38 +0100

What OS do your various servers - directors, realservers - run? What
hardware spec are they?

I am running gentoo 2006.1 on all the servers. Hardware 4 CPU 2.80GHz
and 1 gig of Ram.

Are you including all of your IP addresses in your VRRP configs
announcements within keepalived, or are you using the
vrrp_address_excluded option to keep the announcements down to a
minimum?

I am using the vrrp_address_excluded option for the ip addresses.

without looking I'd hazard a guess that you may be limited to
255 or 256 addresses per announcement, with a similar limit on the
number of VRIDs you define.

What is your config? What's the difference between a working one and a
broken one?

I will post my config as an attachment if thats ok.

So many questions :)

One answer: there are no ARP issues with LVS-NAT, but you have to keep
your IP configs clean *and* keep track of your connection tables. If
you're using netfilter/iptables outbound on the director you could,
potentially, cause RAM famine by exhausting conntrack buckets. But let's
get to that slowly!

I am also using iptables on the firewall at the moment my conntrack
table is 65536 i am going to increase it now. I have also changed the
hash size with  ip_conntrack.hashsize=65536 in my grub conf.

Simon