Re: Multiple websites with multiple ip addresses

Subject: Re: Multiple websites with multiple ip addresses
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:38:53 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Doug Curtis wrote:

So I guess what it boils down to is while the connections per ip address are evenly distributed, the connections per server aren't.

hmm. This is a feature, not a bug :-)

In LVS each VIP is scheduled separately. The imbalance presumably is usually a persistence problem (which you can't do a whole lot about), ie some clients stay connected for a long time and some don't. I would expect over a large enough number of clients (100? 1000?) the connections would even out.

One way of handling it would be to schedule all connections under one fwmark, then you only have one service.

I guess the other thing that may throw a wrench into things is that I am using keepalive in apache.

use the standard value. for https you don't disconnect anyhow.