Re: LVS 4 server setup with directors running on gateway shorewall serv

Subject: Re: LVS 4 server setup with directors running on gateway shorewall servers
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:34:06 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Jason Powell wrote:

I’m hoping someone can help me out - or at least point me in the right
direction. New to LVS, and been struggling with all the various guides and
documentation.

well it isn't easy, and you've got wrinkles that most people don't have to deal with.

(Business class DSL router)

this description is complete but is for the verbally oriented. For the schematically oriented of us, could you put in an ascii art diagram of the setup like is in the HOWTO?

Give us the output of `ipvsadm`

My ldirector.cf file is as follows:

How about you set up a single director, 2 realserver machine (eg mini-HOWTO) and get it to work in your setup first. Then get heartbeat to work.

Am I missing something super obvious here? Is this even possible?

With a bit of thinking it should work (well I can't see why it shouldn't, which isn't exactly the same). You're going to have to think a little bit though about IPs.