RE: Problem loadbalancing email servers

Subject: RE: Problem loadbalancing email servers
From: "Owens, Ron" <ron.owens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:47:29 -0000
Graeme

There's no firewall between the director and the cluster nodes. They
work with http and squid with no modification.

The RIP of the director is 140.203.7.81
The IP of the mail server is 140.203.7.16

I tried adding:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp ! --syn -s 140.203.7.81 --sport 25 -d
140.203.7.16 --dport 1024:65535 -j ACCEPT

but this didn't help ....

I'm not up to speed on iptables etc

Is there anything obvious wrong with this?

Ron