Re: ldirectord: checkinterval global, or per-service?

Subject: Re: ldirectord: checkinterval global, or per-service?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:52:01 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Guy Waugh wrote:

greater than the 'checkinterval' parameter, I've had to raise the 'checkinterval' parameter to 60 seconds to match the 60 second 'negotiatetimeout' parameter for the HTTPS virtual service in question. This means that every real server for every virtual service I have only gets checked every 60 seconds, which is not desirable for me - before this HTTPS service came along, we had 'checkinterval' set at 10 seconds.

The timeouts for LVS default to 90-120 sec which is about the time that packets can get stuck in the internet or it takes a busy server to respond. If your timeouts are set to 10secs you're going to get a lot of flapping.