Re: help with load balancing mysql

To: bsheets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: help with load balancing mysql
From: Guy Waugh <gwaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:12:15 +1100
bsheets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ipvsadm shows both servers with a weight of zero. Both reals have lo:0 and the
appropriate sysctl.conf entries. This ldirectord is functional for other
virtuals.

There is no relevent errors, and it does show both reals being added with a
weight of 0

The part that it doesn't appear to be making the negotiate connection to verify
the service is weird
Indeed it is weird.

All I can think of is: Any difference putting the 'service=mysql' line under the 'real=...' lines? (probably not), and... What does the ldirectord log say when you start ldirectord?

Also, with tcpdump on the real servers active, does it register packets when you telnet to port 3306 from the director (just to check that tcpdump is working)?

- GW.