Re: ipvsadm -L not showing any connections (Horms)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvsadm -L not showing any connections (Horms)
From: "Joseph Hardeman" <jwhardeman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:30:50 -0500

Perhaps you haven't solved the ARP problem, one of the real-servers
has answered ARP for the VIP, and all the traffic is going directly
to that real-server.

--
Horms

Horms,

Thank you for the reply, I actually just found that this morning while
testing with another VIP applied to a single real server.

During my research I found that I was missing the following lines from my
/etc/sysctl.conf file on each of the linux real servers.  I applied these
lines to the /etc/sysctl.conf file and ran /sbin/sysctl -p on the
real-servers and now the director is reporting and directing the traffic
properly.

net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1