Re: Problem with masq option for LVS - help very much appreciated!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with masq option for LVS - help very much appreciated!
From: Torsten Jacobi <tj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:46:41 -0800
Roberto,

thanks a lot for replying so quickly - helps me out of my despair!

checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=yes
logfile="/var/log/ldirector"
quiescent=yes
virtual=80.237.183.170:82
        fallback=67.19.109.2:81 masq 1000
        real=80.237.155.99:81 masq 1000
         service=http
         request="ldirector.html"

Should this be /ldirector.html instead of ldirector.html?

Changed this but ldirector.html was found before so do not see a problem
here.

         receive="Test Page"
         protocol=tcp
         checktype=negotiate
         persistent=1800

Comparing to the ipvsadm -ln output below, you're either not telling the whole truth or did a copy'n'paste error :). Where does the 80.237.155.99:82 come from?

Hehe - that is the issue I guess - I'm not sure what why ldirector makes
this mapping at all - I'm not telling it to do so. :(

I checked twice that this is the only ldirectord.cf on my system

kinkaa_load_balancer_1:/# find . -name ldirectord.cf
./etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf
kinkaa_load_balancer_1:/#

and it looks like this:
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=yes
logfile="/var/log/ldirector"
quiescent=yes
virtual=80.237.183.170:82
        fallback=67.19.109.2:81 masq 1000
        real=80.237.155.99:81 masq 1000
         service=http
         request="/ldirector.html"
         receive="Test Page"
         protocol=tcp
         checktype=negotiate
         persistent=1800

One more thing that's important my Debian Stable Installation did NOT
install LVSSyncDaemonSwap in /etc/heartbeat/resource.d - I copied just
this from another machine and it stopped complaining.

Can you report back what running the following "commands" from the director outputs for you, please:

# telnet 80.237.183.170 82
 > GET /ldirectord.html HTTP/1.0 \n\n

No output :0( - you may try on your own - server is up.

# telnet 80.237.183.170 82
 > GET ldirectord.html HTTP/1.0 \n\n

Thanks!

Torsten