Re: Our LVS/DR backends freezes

To: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Our LVS/DR backends freezes
From: Olle Ö?stlund <olle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:25:02 +0100
A final comment on our LVS/DR problems.

We never succeeded in running LVS/DR in a stabla manner with Suse Linux
Enterprise Server 9 (SLES9). Typically, after a few days, a realserver
would become jammed (all socket communication in total deadlock).

Now we have upgrqaded the OS to SLES10 and the LVS is using LVS/NAT, and
things are working very well. We do not know if the improvment is due to
the SLES10 upgrade or switching to LVS/NAT. I just want to discourage
people from trying to run a SLES9 based LVS using LVS/DR in heavy
production. Upgrade to SLES10, and if that does not work, use LVS/NAT
instead.

Best regards!
Olle Östlund