Re: Fail over problem

Subject: Re: Fail over problem
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:47:54 +0100
Joseph Mack NA3T escribió:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

Hello, I have a two directors in high availability configuration. All it's OK for TCP, but for UDP it's no OK. In UDP load balance it's ok, but the fail over don't happens. If one client is "redirected" to one real server, the connections are redirected always to this server, even the server goes down.

Could be a bug ??

possibly. We don't have many people running UDP services under LVS.

I probe this with two DNS servers.

I know you can run DNS under LVS. You may have good reasons to do this, but DNS has it's own failover mechanism.
Yes, but I don't use them. I use a failover mechanism with LVS to have a high availibility of my DNS servers.

Today I change my config of virtual server to a DNS servers. Before I have two config, One in UDP and another in tcp for the "same" service. A DNS service can be in UDP or TCP. I config my DNS servers to serve dns queries in the two protocols.

When I serve with keepalived the DNS service in UDP and TCP the fail over is OK, but when I config to serve in UDP only the fail over doesn't happens..

Could be a bug ??