Re: Fail over problem

Subject: Re: Fail over problem
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:03:12 +0100
Joseph Mack NA3T escribió:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

When I serve with keepalived the DNS service in UDP and TCP the fail over is OK, but when I config to serve in UDP only the fail over doesn't happens..

Could be a bug ??

in ldirectord, maybe. Does your UDP health check do the right things?

Joe

Yes do the right things.. (I think...) . The checks recognize well when a server goes down. In the list doesn't appear, but the packets are thrown to the serve many minutes later. I then the packets are thrown to the "limbo" (/dev/null I think..). I don't know what is happen but in another situation with a firewall maked with Shorewall, I had a similar problem. I changed the rules in firewall (one port for another) and the packets was ruled to the first port. I reboot the machine and all OK. With TCP this not happens never.

It's strange.