Re: Realservers on OpenVZ VMs in LVS-DR mode - is it possible?

Subject: Re: Realservers on OpenVZ VMs in LVS-DR mode - is it possible?
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:05:14 +0200
Hi, I'm new to the LVS, and didn't find information about the possibility of running realservers on OpenVZ virtual machines with director in LVS-DR mode, has someone tried this setup? I'll run LVS

I don't know but it should be as simple as assigning the VIPs to the venet* devices and set the appropriate arp_* flags in proc-fs and you're done, provided OpenVZ does the NIC HW abstraction right.

director on dedicated machines (failover setup), but want to run the realservers on OpenVZ virtual machines distributed by several real hardware servers, in order to have easy maintenance, due to its ability to migrate virtual machines. My doubt is because both LVS and OpenVZ patches the kernel and LVS-DR seems to need patching also on the real servers, so I imagine that some conflict might arise.

LVS has no need for any kernel patches, neither for the director nor for the real servers.

Let us know how it works. Thanks,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc